Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer Detox-Thirsty Thursday


I can't believe it's the last day of July!  Nothing makes me more sad than summer flying by and thinking of back to school.  Maybe it's the kid in me or the former teacher???  I love summer for the freedom, the sun, the later mornings and the longer nights.  School starts August 25th around here which means that August is last call.  It's the month that we cram everything we haven't done on our summer bucket list into our last days and nights.  This thought calls for a drink-Ha!  But today it's not the alcoholic kind-it's for a detox water that will make you feel great even with the thought of school right around the corner.  


I tend to take it easy at the gym during the summer months only because its difficult to maintain any sort of a schedule with the kids going every which way.  I workout when I can and I try to make good choices when it comes to eating. That way I can enjoy summer without feeling guilty that I'm not being a gym rat.  One great way is by drinking more water and infusing it with fresh, available fruits.  It makes the water taste great as well as boost your metabolism and help kick start or maintain your slim down.  Give this one a try as well as this one.  And let me know what you think.

Summer Detox Water
1 pitcher or carafe of H2O
1 lime
1 peach
1 cup of blue berries
1 cup of strawberries

Slice your favorite summer fruits and combine into pitcher.  Allow to chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.  
Make a new pitcher each day for maximum freshness.  


Happy Thirsty Thursday!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<