Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Natural Love


I have discovered over the years that coconut oil is an awesome natural moisturizer!  I love it!!!  A little bit goes a long way and it makes your skin oh so soft without all of extras.  Hello whipped coconut oil on my dry, cracking, winter skin.  

Whipped Coconut Oil Lotion
1/2 cup coconut oil-comes in a solid form 
10 drops of your favorite essential oil-
Rose is perfect for Valentine's Day, but I love lemon-clean and fresh

First off I do have to say that I do not recommended this recipe for people living in tropical climates as the oil will liquefy in warm temperatures and become useless.  But it's perfect for everyone else not lucky enough to live where its warm all year.  
Whisk the solid coconut oil in your Kitchen Aid or electric mixer.  When the oil starts to soften and become whipped add your essential oils.  Continue to mix until it becomes light and fluffy.  Package in jars and enjoy the smoothing results.  
FYI coconut oil has a shelf life of approximately 1 year.  I store mine in the bathroom under the sink.






Package your little lotions in small tins or mason jars and they make the perfect natural gift for Valentine's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<