Thursday, January 23, 2014

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been searching a long time for chocolate chip perfection.  Some days we make cookies and they turn out too crispy.  Some days the batter magically flattens out on the sheet and they turn out like pancakes.  I follow the recipe on the Toll House bag but yet never really know what I'm going to get when they come out of the oven.  I know that each person has their own personal preference-thin and crispy, thick and chewy, well done, crumbly, or doughy in the middle.  Personally, I like thick cookies that are a bit chewy.  I think I have found the perfect recipe that delivers every time.  

 Chocolate Chip Cookie Perfection
1 cup butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 bag chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.  Combine butter and sugars in a Kitchen Aid mixer and beat until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat again until well combined.  In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.  Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until well mixed.  With a rubber spatula stir in chocolate chips.  Roll the cookie dough into inch sized balls. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.  I must say very seriously, Don’t Over Bake These! They should look like they need another minute in the oven when you pull them out. Golden and still soft in the middle.  I love this recipe and I mean it when I say it never fails.  So my little Will-a-Monster and I are making chocolate chip-ies today.










Yum!!!  Chocolate chip goodness.  I would love to hear how you like your cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover Pin It Code

<