Monday, January 6, 2014

Birthday in the House


My hubsy celebrated a birthday over the weekend and I made him a wonderful cake in honor of his special day.  I was thinking the kids would be home to help me but everyone was off in different directions that day and I ended up the lone baker.  Of course everyone was there when it came time to sing and eat the finished product!  This is the tastiest white cake recipe you will ever bake-no need for another.  It's dense and moist and it holds together extremely well-it's a wonderful all-purpose white cake.  Give it a try-it's the bomb!  Husby loves lemon so I topped it off with his favorite lemon butter cream frosting.



The Tastiest White Cake 

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
½ cup shortening
3 cups sugar
5 eggs, room temperature
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick baking spray.
  2. Cream together butter and shortening until light and fluffy with your Kitchen Aid Mixer. Slowly add sugar one cup at a time, making sure to fully incorporate each cup before adding another. Add eggs one at a time, making sure to fully incorporate each egg before adding another.
  3. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter and shortening mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Add vanilla extract. Beat cake batter on high speed for about 5 seconds to fully incorporate all ingredients. Stop mixer and scrape down sides and bottom of bowl, making sure to have all ingredients mixed well.
  4. Evenly distribute cake batter between cake pans and place pans into oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove and allow to cool slightly in cake pans for about 5 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
Lemon Butter Cream Frosting

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
3 cups confectioners sugar
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lemon

Instructions
Using your Kitchen Aid Mixer combine butter and gradually add in confectioners sugar.  When all the sugar is added, add lemon zest, lemon juice and blend on medium high until fluffy.



Happy Birthday to You, 
Happy Birthday to You, 
Happy Birthday Dear Husby, 
Happy Birthday to You!!!





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I found a lot of interesting information here. Thank you for this fascinating post, I am happy I observed this website on Google. Not just content, in fact, the whole site is fantastic. 일본야동

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    한국야동
    일본야동

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this is an informative blog and also very useful and knowledgeable. Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work!. Thank you for this wonderful Article! 한국야동닷컴

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    국산야동
    한국야동닷컴

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as powerful, just as strong, and just as well funded. I was very interested in the article. it’s quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one. 국산야동

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    야설
    국산야동

    ReplyDelete

Hover Pin It Code

<